American Health assembles a team of clinicians, operations executives, medical informatics professionals along with certified project management leaders to assist designated hospital personnel to define and achieve their goals for creating a unique Center of Excellence in their hospital.
American Health’s Center of Excellence in Emergency Care and Trauma Center program combines clinical and administrative partnering to create a long term agenda for clinical excellence and quality improvement.
American Health is pleased to offer a comprehensive plan of action for assessing and upgrading emergency medicine departments and assisting with establishment of trauma centers in newly launched and existing hospitals.
The project will be conducted with a specific focus on emergency medical and trauma care delivery, ensuring that Centers of Excellence are designed to provide efficient, cost-effective, and high-quality care for all emergency medical conditions.
This will be accomplished by a combination of consultative on-site programs, longer term clinical and administrative mentorship, visiting scholar program in New York and exchange of operational and administrative tools for process improvement. The major deliverables for this project include:
- Review and negotiation of ED and Trauma Center policies and procedures
- Clinical guidelines implementation
- Optimization of minor care, urgent care services
- Nursing leadership development
- Physician leadership development
- Educational initiatives and advanced training opportunities
- Documentation of quality metrics and outcomes measures
- Strategic inter-departmental relationships
American Health partners with a team of experts who come from the following American Health Affiliated Institutions:
- Harvard Medical School
- Mount Sinai Medical School
- University of Denver
Team experts have developed a two phase plan that provides advisory and project leadership services with respect to ED, critical care and trauma function, care, and efficiency at hospitals, with an end goal of establishing each involved hospital as a “Center of Excellence” with the highest medical standards and full self-sufficiency:
- Phase I. Assessment of Emergency Department/Trauma Care (team of physicians and nurses will analyze and provide recommendations for improvement in the EDs, and trauma care of the hospital. Each functional area will be critically evaluated. Assessment can take up to 18 months.)
- Phase II. Planning and Implementation of Improvement Initiatives (The transition to this phase will relate to a detailed Plan of Action for improvement of the agreed upon areas. This phase is expected to last 36 months.)
Click here to contact American Health about working with American Health to develop an Emergency Care Center of Excellence for your hospital.